Parents FAQ

Q:    My child will be absent today, who do I contact?

A:    To report an absence please phone the school at 902-755-8180 extension 6104. 

Please leave a message stating the student’s name,  grade and date of the absence.

Absences must be excused for students to qualify for an exam exemption


Q:    I have moved, how do I get the information I need to register at my new school?

A:    You should bring a copy of your most recent report card with you to your new school.  This will help when picking

        out courses.  Your new school should contact Mrs. Lochead our Registrar by phoning 902-755-8180 extension 192

        or by e-mail at


Q:   My child has been absent and I need to get homework, who do I contact?

A:    If your son/daughter has been absent for 3 or more days you can request a homework package be provided.

       Please contact Donna MacGregor by phoning 902-755-8180 extension 0.

       Please allow a full school day for work to be collected.   Once collected, homework packages may be picked up at the

       school’s administration office.  Please phone beforehand to ensure work is available for pick up.


Q:    I have concerns that my son or daughter is not attending class regularly.  What should I do?

A:    NNEC believes that attendance is vital to academic success.  If you have any questions or concerns regarding attendance

        you can contact one of our vice-principal’s by phoning 902-755-8180 extension 0.

        Vice Principals:    Mr. M. Arbuckle (All Grades A-L) & Mr. J. van Vulpen (All Grades M-Z)